Everywhere we go, we are bombarded by images of scrumptious food but then alongside them are images of super models with their flawless, perfect bodies. Talk about whiplash. We all know the magic of Photoshop that made images even more appealing but even then, we are drawn to both images. The first induces a longing to sample the feast and the other induces the need to skip dinner especially when the belt you are wearing is too tight.
So what do you do? Ignore both and concentrate on what you want. If you love food and is on the “heavy side” but wants to lose some weight, you do not need to do anything drastic. Just as long as you take a natural supplement that is called Garcinia Cambogia. It is a natural supplement extracted from the Gambooge aka Brindleberry fruit. Garcinia Cambogia has an active ingredient called hydroxycitric acid that inhibits citric lyase from synthesizing glucose into body fat. In other words, the sugars in your meal is prevented from turning into stored fat or body fat because the enzyme required to complete the process (citric lyase) is rendered incapacitated by HCA.
It makes sense doesn’t it? But does this mean you can go ahead and take you fill of the scrumptious (probably greasy) food and expect to look like the supermodel? Nope, like I said, the flawless perfect supermodel is Photoshop’ed, there is no way that is real. But what Garcinia Cambogia allows you to do is to cut down on the weight enough that you get into a healthy shape, and that is definitely not the round shape. Medical professionals agree that a normal belly circumference means you decrease your risk of developing heart problems and diabetes.
If you want to take your weight loss endeavors notches higher and look like the supermodels (the way they normally look) you will have to hit the gym every single day until you’re all toned. All lot of work, but I heard it’s worth it. (I prefer to be just healthy enough to fit in normal clothes and am fit enough to have the energy to do normal chores.) So, along with your Brindleberry bottle, here is how to lose weight without much ado.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Stay away from processed food or any food that is made almost entirely of processed food – cakes, bread, ice cream, instant noodles and the like.
- Try to avoid eating out. Never would be great just until you reach your target weight.
- Stay at home and do some chores.
- Stretch when you wake up.
- Do not forget your dose of garcinia cambogia.
- Watch a movie now and then and eat unsalted popcorn.
- Avoid alcohol, if it’s inevitable, take small sips. Talk more, drink less.
A key ingredient in all of this consistency and the understanding that you are doing this for a healthier better you.
A lot of people out there would dissent or approve of the use of supplements, but my take on the matter is that lets just all be open minded and consider the benefits along with whatever negative opinions are out there. After all, if we are all closed up and cynical, no one would discover anything and the world will still be regarded as flat and people like Nikola Tesla would still be considered a raving lunatic.
Alright then, moving on to the actual topic – which is Garcinia Cambogia. It is an extract derived from the fruit which is popularized yet again by Dr. Mehmet Oz. Now, while some people consider Dr. Oz as a big business sell out, we cannot disregard the fact that he is a highly credentialed member of the medical community – he is a Harvard graduate and a surgeon specializing in heart transplants other credentials that are worth mentioning but then this page is not enough. His medical opinion –I believe – hold a lot of weight.
Having said that, I have researched and read literature regarding the studies involving garcinia cambogia and I find that the simplest way to explain it is how Dr. Oz has explained it in his show. I understand serotonin and lipid biosynthesis but Dr. Oz makes it all clear of course with the help of Dr. Julie Chen. Let’s break it all down.
- It is the least expensive weight loss supplement out there.
- It is backed up by several studies that show that it increases weight loss by 2 to 3 times more than what people would normally lose with just diet and exercise alone.
- It comes from the rind of the tamarind fruit and is used in chutney, soup preparations and it also has been used for medicinal purposes so its safety is not questionable.
- Based on the studies, taking the supplements for a month will result in a weight loss of about 4 months but with exercise and a healthy diet, you can increase the weight loss exponentially.
- It is a dual effect fat buster.
- It’s a great weight loss supplement for emotional eaters because it increases the serotonin levels so their sleep and mood are better which then suppresses their appetite (lowers their need to eat) which results in lowered fat intake. It also helps manage the stress hormone cortisol. For these reasons, people who take garcinia cambogia may expect a decrease in belly fat.
- It prevents fat from being made and instead they are turned into glycogen which is easier to consume as an energy source. Dr. Oz then uses a contraption much like a juice dispenser wherein apparently de-clog the passageway to turn sugar into an energy source instead of storing it as body fat.
The efficacy of the Garcinia Camborgia is clear enough without the medical and technical mumbo jumbo that most studies are full of. However, as my grandmother used to say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating – the only thing left to do is to try it.